|Queens College of Guyana Florida Alumni Association|
The current House System consisting of ten Houses was first introduced in 1916 when the school of about 70 students was divided into 'A' and 'B' Houses.
In 1922, formal names: Percival, Raleigh and Austin respectively were given to the first three Houses, 'A', 'B' and 'C' based on a system of drawn lots.
Weston House -- 'F' House --was named after Mr.F.T. Weston Former Senior Master who died in service in World War II.
Weston was one of seven Houses added later in 1945/1946. It was selected based on a poll among a section of the school at that time.
House colours were first introduced into School ties as a mark of distinction in 1933.
Light Blue is the 'F' House colour.