|Queens College of Guyana Florida Alumni Association|
The current House System consisting of ten Houses was first introduced in 1916 when the school of about 70 students was divided into 'A' and 'B' Houses.
In 1922, formal names: Percival, Raleigh and Austin respectively were given to the first three Houses, 'A', 'B' and 'C' based on a system of drawn lots.
Raleigh House -- 'B' House --was named after Sir Walter Raleigh explorer to Guyana.
Raleigh House was introduced in 1916/17.
The first House Master for 'B" House was A. Leechman.
The first House Captain ( Head of House) was B.E. Lewis a 1917 Guyana Scholar.
House colours were first introduced into School ties as a mark of distinction in 1933.
Dark Blue is the 'B' House colour.