|Queens College of Guyana Florida Alumni Association|
The current House System consisting of ten Houses was first introduced in 1916 when the school of about 70 students was divided into 'A' and 'B' Houses.
In 1922 formal names: Percival, Raleigh and Austin respectively, were given to the first three Houses, 'A', 'B', and 'C' based on a system of drawn lots.
'L' House was named for Captain H. Nobbs , longest serving principal (1931-1952).
Nobbs was one of seven Houses added later in 1954/1955.
House colours were first introduced into School ties as a mark of distinction in 1933.
White is the Nobbs House Colour